About Beta Alpha Psi
Founded in 1919, Beta Alpha Psi is an honor organization for financial information students and professionals. There are over 300 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi's formation. All of our chapters are AACSB and/or EQUIS accredited. We are not a fraternity or sorority but an honors organization.
The purpose of Beta Alpha Psi is to:
- recognize outstanding academic achievements in the field of accounting, finance, and information systems;
- promote the study and practice of professional fields related to these disciplines;
- provide opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing financial professionals;
- encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibilities
Beta Alpha Psi will shape the financial and business information professions by developing members into ethical, professional, and confident leaders.
The mission of Beta Alpha Psi, the premier international honor and service organization for financial and business information students and professionals, is to inspire and support excellence by:
- encouraging the study and practice of accountancy, finance, and information systems;
- providing opportunities for service, professional development, and interaction among members and financial professionals; and
- fostering lifelong ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
Beta Alpha Psi is governed by a constitution and bylaws. The governing body is the Board of Directors.
The emblem of Beta Alpha Psi denotes the promise of careers for financial information professionals. The rising sun signifies these professional positions as rising ever higher among economic activities. The crossed keys symbolize knowledge as a means of opening the doors of the financial world. The letters Beta, Alpha, and Psi denote scholarship, social responsibility, and practicality, respectively.